Monday, June 18, 2012

Yummy Chili Recipe

Hey everyone, I found a great chili recipe that was so tasty and filling! I thought I would post the recipe here for you to enjoy. Sweet Chili with Pineapple Ingredients 16 oz ground turkey (I used 97% fat free) 3-1/2 cups diced peeled tomatoes in juice 1-1/4 cups diced tomatoes and green chilies 1-3/4 cups black beans 1-3/4 cups pinto beans 2-1/4 cups pineapple in juice 8 tsp taco seasoning 5 tsp Splenda brown sugar 1-1/2 cups water Directions 1. Cook and drain ground turkey; put in pot. 2. Drain pineapple and top layer of liquid from pinto beans and black beans and add to pot. 3. Add diced tomatoes and tomatoes and green chilies. 4. Add Splenda brown sugar and taco seasoning and water. 5. Sprinkle in flaked red pepper for spice according to taste. 6. Cook for 45 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Variations: I used dry beans instead of canned beans (to reduce sodium). to use dry beans, use 1 cup of each type and soak overnight. The dry beans will increase your cooking times. No used my crock pot and cooked on low for four hours. Also, I used one package of taco seasoning instead of measuring the 8 tsp. last, I used regular brown sugar since I didn'tbave any Splenda. I subbed 3 tbsp. Enjoy!!! Andy

1 comment: