Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tip for the Week: Drink WATER!!

In one of the documentaries I watched about health stuff, there was one (Food Matters) that recommended drinking 1 liter of water FIRST thing in the morning, before eating. It's supposed to help clean out your system, help you feel full, and help ensure you get the water you need in a day. I find it much easier to get the recommended 8-12 cups of water if I have 4 cups of water right off the bat.

It's also supposed to help cut down belly fat. Yay!

You will be spending a LOT more time in the bathroom, though! :)

Anyway, this odd picture was taken last night because a man from our ward showed up at our door asking us to model his survival backpack that he's trying to raise money for on kickstarter.com. But it did remind me to add this tip to the blog. That's why I chose water as the background for this blog -- at the time I made it water was all I thought about! :)

I definitely think all the water has helped me with weight loss, though. Give it a try this week!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Jenn! One of Bob Harper's tips is to drink a full glass of water before you put anything in your mouth, be it a meal or a snack. It does make you feel more full and get your water in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I watched a clip recently of Bob talking about that. I have a hard time doing that when I drink so much in the morning, too. I feel like it's going to start spilling out my ears. :) But I bet it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good tip. And, the survival backpack is cool, but your shoes are awesome. And the kids were perfect little models :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In one of my Fit and Well classes I learned this guideline for water-You should be drinking half of your body weight in ounces each day. So if you weigh 150 lbs you should be drinking 75 ounces of water a day. Most people will be between 8-12 cups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good to know -- thanks, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's a lot of water! I'm gonna have to up my water intake.

    ReplyDelete