Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm ALL in! :)

Hi Biggest Loser Friends!  I'm Ann.  Jenn was my mission Mom, or trainer, in Hong Kong.  Sister Ericksen and Sister Erickson.  :-)  We had some good times.  Jenn was the best!  My battle of the bulge has been a lifelong one.  I have always loved to exercise and play sports but I have also always loved junk food.  And as Jillian Michaels says, “you can eat your way through any amount of exercise.”  I am a very emotional eater.  I use food, especially sweets, almost like a drug to numb feelings of stress.  To help battle my emotional eating, I have followed the Weight Watchers program for several years.  Before I got pregnant with my first, I got to my goal weight which was within a healthy BMI weight range.  I have not been in that healthy weight range again after having my two kids.  But I am so close and hope this challenge will be the motivation I need to stop my emotional eating and get back to my goal weight.  I am also motivated by my desire to be a healthy example for my kids and to stop the cycle of lifestyle diseases like diabetes and heart disease that have been in my family for generations.  Also, I have a degree in Exercise Science, Fitness and Wellness Management.  I need to be a better reflection of that and do better at keeping myself fit and well.  :-)  Good luck to everyone!  I'm so excited to get to know you all and hear your successes.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, thanks, Ann! Explaining our Chinese names to people was one of the more confusing parts of my mission -- especially on the phone. "No, NGAAIH Jimuih, daaih ngaan geng (sp?) ge Ngaaih."

    Anyway, I totally relate to emotional junk food eating to relieve stress. That's exactly what got me overweight.

    Glad you are here! I know you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally an emotional/bored eater too. Working on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I relate to the emotional eating too. I look forward to hearing what you have to share from your educational background.

    ReplyDelete