Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hey y'all!

I've known Jenn since the time when she still had a y in her name; we grew up in the same church ward in Omaha.  Her birthday was a few months ahead of mine, so back then she was Jenny #1 and I was Jenny #2.  Unless I'm not remembering that reason right...there are a lot of other reasons she could have been #1!

I'm writing on behalf of myself and my husband, Aaron.  We have three young kids and have been in Texas for a year (not quite long enough to say "howdy" instead of "hey y'all", or to have a picture with a shotgun) after living in Illinois for 6 years.  We met when we both joined the racquetball team at BYU -- the men's and women's teams practice together -- and have always had a fairly active lifestyle, but we're not exactly exercise/health gurus.   My husband expects nothing less out of this competition than to lose enough weight to win the men's division!  My main goal is to change the poor eating habits I've adopted during these years at home with my kids.   Like Ann, I've always loved sports and exercise, but I felt like I started to lose that part of myself when I was instructed to stop exercising during my first pregnancy and gained more weight than I expected.  It's been kind of rocky ever since.  My biggest problem is in what I call "grazing" that I do while at home, the somewhat mindless eating that happens as I spend time preparing food for my family.  I'm glad for the motivation this competition is giving us!

5 comments:

  1. I am loving all these intros. I've always loved your humor, Jenny! Your post made me crack up. Pretty sure there was no other reason that I was Jenny #1 than birth order! I've always looked up to you, and if I could go back, I would gladly hand you that title. :)

    Tell Aaron not to set such lofty goals! ;)

    Really looking forward to doing this with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you have the grazing habit... Between that and the plate clean up that happens, I'm always eating more than I should. Where in Texas are you?

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're a bit north of Dallas, in a city called Corinth. My husband works at the University of North Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Jenn, you'll always be #1! You can't hand it over :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Men's division. Love it!

    ReplyDelete