Friday, June 1, 2012

Competition rules

Need some extra motivation to lose some weight?


I participated in a Biggest Loser competition hosted by a blogger several years ago, and I found it very motivating to report my weight loss every week and compete for some cash! I thought her system worked quite well, so I am just using the same rules. 


Hope you'll join us!

Here is the info in a nutshell:

We will kick everything off on Friday, June 8th with the initial weigh-in and "before" photos (to get your starting point). The first official weigh-in will be Friday, June 15th, and the contest will run for 11 weeks from there. The final weigh-in will be Friday, August 31, 2012.

The entrance fee is $15.73 per person -- all money collected (minus the $0.73 that PayPal charges me -- or you can mail me $15 even if you prefer) will be awarded to the winner of the competition for a little extra motivation. So if you know someone that is interested -- let them know about it. The more players the more money in the pot!

Some other specifics:

1. You must be honest about your weigh-ins. 
2. You must e-mail me a picture of your scale with the weight on the first and last weigh-in. You must also send "before" pictures from the front, back, and side (in workout clothes -- something form fitting -- or swim suit). There will be no exceptions to this rule. If you do not provide pictures then you cannot participate. Trust me, at the end you will be so glad you did so you can see the difference.

Nobody but me will see your pictures -- unless you win, in which case, you must agree to allowing your before and after pictures to be posted for the other contestants to see.

3. You can choose any weight loss diet, except for anything requiring surgery. This includes weight loss surgery such as lap bands, liposuction, gastric bypass, etc. I will not be responsible if in this process you actually gain weight or if you lose too much weight. Choose your program wisely.

4. The whole purpose of this contest is to lose weight in a healthy way and change your lifestyle. You may not take any weight loss drugs. This includes but is not limited to: Alli (Orlistat), Phentermine, Meridia (Sibutramine). If you chose to use a weight loss drug you will be disqualified. Herbal supplements are acceptable. If you have questions whether something is allowed, please contact me before you begin taking it.

5. Weigh-ins will be every Friday. You must weigh-in EVERY week and email your weight to me by NOON on Friday. If you do not weigh-in you will be eliminated! If you are going to miss a weigh-in, just let me know and you will retain the same weight as the prior weigh-in. Please email me with your weight every week. I will compile a percentage lost chart every week after I get everyone’s numbers and email it out to everyone no later than Friday evening.

6. Weigh-in wearing your bathing or birthday suit.

7. You must start and end the competition on the same scale.

8. You must be at least 6 weeks postpartum.

9. If you drop out of the competition, money WILL NOT be refunded.

10. If you get pregnant or injured during the competition, money WILL NOT be refunded.

11. The final weigh-in day is Friday, August 31st
.

If you are ready to drop some pounds and get support while doing it -- please email me ASAP at jennmorrill@gmail.com, and I will send you an invite to be a contributor on the blog and instructions on how to pay the entrance fee. Let's do this thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment