Thursday, June 14, 2012

Low-cal Healthy Snacks

I found a gold mine on FitnessMagazine.com when I first started counting my calories. I printed everything out so it's easily accessible and I have a visual reminder of healthy snacks I can eat. When it's not clear, I figured out the exact calories in the snack and listed them beside the picture.

Here are the links:

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/nutrition/the-you-can-do-it-diet-snacks/

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/you-can-do-it/150-calorie-snacks/

Healthy Lunches under 400 Calories

There are many more articles with recipes on this site. Good luck!

Also, in response to Jenn's great breakfast recipes, I want to add what I do. I gave up cereal because I find I'm hungry an hour later. Even though I ate healthy-ish cereal with lots of fiber, it was too high in calories and not satisfying (long-term) enough for me. I do better with smaller meals throughout the day. My favorite breakfast is from one of the snack links above. It is the non-fat greek yogurt with 1 T maple syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon. I LOVE this and it keeps me full longer than cereal did. It's gotta be the protein in the greek yogurt. Sometimes I will have the Happy Shake Jenn mentioned or another protein shake for breakfast. I don't like heavy breakfasts- they actually make me feel nauseous. I'm just weird, I'm sure. :)



4 comments:

  1. How did you print them? Did you print each slide or is there a printer friendly version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can print the entire slideshow, which is what I did. There's a link to do that, somewhere on the page...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, if you click on the printer icon, then it gives you the option to "print all slides."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome thanks! I love Fitness Magazine. I got it for free from a Jillian video (but I don't think these ideas are in any of the issues I have). I always thought Fitness Magazine would be too hard core for me but it has some really useful information for all levels of fitness.

    ReplyDelete