Friday, June 15, 2012

Greetings!

Hi! I'm Jenn's aunt-in-law and I'm so glad she has put together this competition! I live in Bloomington, IL. I, too, have always been on the solid side, or as one of my kids put it, "his soft mommy." That doesn't sound so bad! I have tried plenty of "lifestyle changes" in my time, but at the end of the day I still really like french fries and a good baguette, yum! A few years ago I tried weight watchers and reached my goal weight the same week I found out I was pregnant with my fifth child. I tried it again after he was born, but I just couldn't count those dang points anymore! I got pregnant again at my higher weight and had the distinct privelege of topping a certain pound number I had never wanted to see. I went back to WW when my baby was 5 weeks old, and didn't lose one, single, solitary pound for five months! So in January I started doing the South Beach Diet which works for me -- when I stick to it (aye, there's the rub!). I lost about 16 pounds and then have completely stalled! I am turning 40 in about 10 days and I really want to reach my goal weight this summer. I am done having kids, I have the smaller sizes just waiting expectantly in my closet, and I know I can do it! This is the motivation I need to get past the days when I just don't feel like worrying about it! Very excited!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, Mary. I know you're crazy busy!! So glad you're doing this with me. You can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete