Thursday, July 5, 2012

"Pretty in Pink" Smoothie -- Yes, please!!

(Photo credit: Angela Liddon)

I LOVE smoothies (I've only started making them regularly the last few months since I started my weight loss journey), and I have been trying lots of different kinds lately. I recently got a bunch of cherries from a neighbor's cherry tree (I didn't steal them, I swear!), and I tried a few different cherry smoothies (haven't quite found a keeper yet, though). Summer is the best time!! I love all the fresh yummy fruits available.

Anyway, this smoothie combined 3 of my favorite fruits and ones that people are likely to have around during the summer (no cherries in this one, actually -- unless you put it on the glass like the picture shows...). This was super easy, refreshing, and tasty. I got it from the Oh She Glows blog, which has yummy, healthy (vegan) recipes.


Pretty in Pink


Ingredients:
3 cups watermelon, seeded and chopped into large chunks
1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1 large peeled, frozen banana
Directions:
Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
Yield: 3 cups


Anyway, here is the link to the actual recipe with commentary --  Pretty in Pink -- There's another smoothie recipe on that same page that I'm going to try this week. It has basil in it! I can't help but be curious how that one tastes. I'll let you know how it turns out.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment