Thursday, July 19, 2012

Periods

I apologize to our one male participant! This post only applies to the women here. Is anyone else RAVENOUS during or around the start of their period? It happens every time to me. I want to eat everything in sight. Not junk, necessarily, just FOOD! I'm calorie counting and normally if I stick to my daily goal, I'm fine. But, when I'm starting my period, I feel like I'm starving! A month ago, I failed during that week and ate way too many calories. This time around, I'm doing the same thing. Anyone have any great ideas for fighting the hunger? I'm hoping to do better when I have my period next month. And, at least for today, I'm trying to drink more. Hopefully that helps!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this! I wonder how to find the right balance with this because I have also heard that if you restrict yourself too much when you are truly hungry that your body goes into a starvation/survival mode and tries to hold on to weight instead of burning it. Anyone know if there's any truth to that? I think your idea to drink more is a good one!
    p.s. No need to apologize to Aaron; he hears this from me too, and he has five sisters :)

    ReplyDelete